From the Baltimore Sun:

A city jury awarded more than $2.5 million Tuesday to a pair of siblings who were poisoned by lead-based paint while living in a West Baltimore rowhouse that their mother had been told was “lead safe.”

The siblings, Dontae Wallace, 20, and Searra Wallace, 17, have permanent cognitive and behavioral disabilities that stem in part from being exposed to lead paint in the house their family rented from City Homes Inc., a nonprofit organization, for four years in the early 1990s, medical experts said in court.

Court records show that the owner of City Homes, Inc. has been sued several times for the same issue.  We hope this nonprofit is put out of business quickly before more children suffer the same fate.

You can read the entire Baltimore Sun article here.